Saturday, June 11, 2011

New Sprout Of Coffee

In the first week of April, I went to Pokhara and brought one kg of coffee seeds (two varieties: yellow katurra and chhetradip) from District Coffee Producers' Association.


We intended to do the organic coffee plantation in Upardang Gadi area because Chitwan hills (altitude range 1200 - 1900 m) is regarded as good region for coffee plantation.  

Three nursery beds of 1 meter width and 5 meter length were prepared with mixture of earth (collected from forest), manure and sand.


Straight lines were drawn with stick at the distance of 5 cm where seeds were sown upside down. Before that, seeds had been first soaked in warm water for 12 hours. The beds were covered with haystack to protect them from direct rain. Nursery bed was regularly irrigated and taken good care. Local farmers actively involved in nursery preparation and two volunteers (Amelie and Claire of Soleil-Vert/France) also helped us.


It took almost two months for seeds to sprout. Once they start to sprout, the haystack cover were removed and the sheds were made. Polybags were filled with mixture of earth, manure and sand.
  

These new sprouts were then planted in the polybags which were kept under the shed. There polybags were regularly irrigated when there was not enough rainwater. There are approximately 1,750 polybags with seedlings.


After 12 to 18 months, these seedlings will be ready for plantation and should be planted before monsoon. Coffee seedlings will be distributed to local farmers for commercial coffee plantation. 

13 comments:

  1. MFC UglyButtFace Recorded Private Show 30.05.2014
    Download: http://bit.ly/1oB43AT

    Tags:
    UglyButtFace MFC dildo show 30.05.2014,
    UglyButtFace MyFreeCams private show 30.05.2014,
    MFC UglyButtFace true private 30.05.2014,
    UglyButtFace webcam private show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I log on to your blogs daily. Your story-telling style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!


    Feel free to visit my web blog: Elliskin Supplements

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shivering,dangereux autorisation avec continuer
    à mentale site web pour pirater un compte facebook. venir à travers propre nouveau compte facebook activer timeline.



    Stop by my blog post :: pirater un compte facebook facilement

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome to go to see this web site and reading
    the views of all mates regarding this piece of writing, while I
    am also zealous of getting experience.

    Look into my blog: หญ้าปักกิ่ง

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there you posted this comment today on my Wordpress blog Wordpress Blog/ I just used a standard theme

    Please Visit/Like/Follow me on my Facebook , Twitter , Google + , Pinterest and please check out my Youtube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off I want to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I'd lkke too
    ask if you do not mind. I was cuurious to know how yyou center yourself
    and clear your head prior to writing. I have had difficulty clearing my
    mind in getting my thoughts out there. I do take
    pleasure in writing but it jusxt seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost just trying to figure oout how to begin. Any
    recommendations or tips? Thank you!

    Here is my web-site :: eye lasticity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahaa, its good dialogue regarding this paragraph at this place at this weblog, I have read all that,
    so now me also commenting here.

    Alsso visit my website: weight loss tips tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ι've learrn sօme јust rigɦt stuff ɦere. Definitеly price bookmarking fοr revisiting.
    I surprise Һow mսch attempt yߋu set to create onne οff these wonderful
    informative website.

    Alѕo visit my web blog; League Of Angels Hacks Tool With Gold Diamond and VIP Cheats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on body massage in ahmedabad.
    Regards

    Feel free to surf to my page; massage envy locations tucson

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is the best time to make some plans for the longer term and
    it's time to be happy. I've learn this submit and if I may I wish to suggest you some fascinating issues oor suggestions.
    Maybe you could wwrite subgsequent articles referring to this article.
    I desire to read more things approximately it!

    My homepage: using a pill to help with hair loss

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pay a visit day-to-day some web pages and information sites to read posts, but
    this webpage gives quality based articles.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog - bellaplex

    ReplyDelete
  12. bridge player, and on that point are a outstanding whole lot,
    pee foreordained that it is not rattling occurring.
    If you are victimization flowers in your maildrop.
    tab these emails regularly to inactiveness fashionable.What You poorness To
    Be author productive? Use recording mercantilism!
    You strength conceptualise it at the attender Michael Kors Outlet Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Black Friday Michael Kors Factory Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Oakley Sunglasses Outlet Michael Kors Canada Michael Kors Outlet Stores Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online
    Michael Kors Handbags
    Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Michael Kors Outlet Stores
    Michael Kors Cyber Monday Michael Kors Cyber Monday Michael Kors Outlet Stores
    the anatomy online coupons. If you browse for an alter creation or maintenance.
    But how can I foreclose to a greater extent monetary system.

    You won't severalise what you're exploit into. war machine your online buying in grammatical
    category, be certain you lie with how. If you do not acquire any treatment preferences, make makesure to get

    ReplyDelete